Monday, September 19, 2005

If You Want

We could go out if you want
To a concert or dinner
Or both if it'll make you happy
And when we're done,
We can drive down the old Sunken Garden,
Just pause and gaze at the stars
And for each bright luminescence that we see
I find myself closer to you
And realize how special you are to me.

Or if you want,
I could just call you to ask you how you've been
Or walk with you from the office to your home.
And everyday,
You would hear the sound of your phone ringing,
And find a message early in the morning
Whose only reason to exist
Is to show you how much I care,
And reaffirm my love for you.

And later on,
When I've the courage to tell,
When all have been said and done,
And you're confused and downhearted,
Because of the problems that surround you;
When this happens,
I will remain by your side, through all that has been left,
For as much or as little,
Until the very end and then, beyond...

Or if you want,
We could simply be just friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Black said...

I know we're going through some difficult times...

But I still meant every word in the poem.

:)

7:05 PM  
Blogger april8epay said...

Awww... thanks. We should be really good friends, despite everything that happened. We owe it to each other.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Joe Black said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home